Tuesday 25 March 2014

G'day, G'day everyone. I'm back again but this time it's more of a photo post than anything. I just thought I'd give you all a virtual tour of Stockholm on Sunday as well as some of the cool things I've been doing lately. 

First up, I went to the Vasa Museum last Sunday with my host family. The Vasa was a ship built in 1628 and sank within the Stockholm harbour. After many failed attempts to pull it up from the depths it was finally retrieved in 1961 it has been preserved almost completely and now the ship is on display, 98% original. 

The Vasa from the back
The deck

From the front

After the Vasa, we went to Kaknästornet (One of the highest points in Sweden) for an aerial view of Stockholm. It stands at 155m tall and acts as a radio tower.






I will never understand Swedish Weather. The Wednesday following our Stockholm visit the snow returned.
Overnight. 
To coat everything everywhere. 

Luckily for me I love the snow. 

 And just like that, by Friday it was melting. And by Sunday it was completely gone. Which made for excellent weather for my tour in Stockholm.








The Cherry Blossoms are starting to bloom

More Cherry Blossoms
Well, that's all from me. Until next time, here's me signing out,
The Swedish Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment