Monday 2 June 2014

Hey everyone,

So it's been over a month since my last post so I thought I'd put up some photos of my latest adventures for you all to see. I haven't been on any huge trips recently so don't expect anything too exciting. I've just been living ordinary life for the past month. After changing host families I started windsurfing. Now every Friday I go out on the water no matter what (11°C, raining) and try my hand at sailing. Yesterday (Friday the 20 May) was my latest and greatest attempt at sailing. I actually managed to sail up and back without going swimming. My previous attempt I spent more time in the water than on the board. I'm looking forward to going next week. It's strangely ironic leaving Australia for Sweden and then learning to windsurf but that's how it is.

Apart from that I've visited Mariefred and Gripsholms Slott, a castle from the 1700's, I've been to Gröna Lund (the theme park in Stockholm) multiple times watching concerts and I've had an exchange student day with my district.

I'm still having a great time in Sweden and am keenly looking forward to my Eurotour with all the exchange students in Sweden in a few weeks. It'll be good to see them all again.

Until then, enjoy some happy snaps from the past few weeks,
The Swedish Adventurer

Sunset in the city - Taken from the Ferry to Slussen

Climbing trees on the Exchange Student Day

The view down to Näsby Slott 

Inside the walls of Gripsholms Slott

More from the Slott

And more

And more

Take a guess...

The Beaver is still working on this one

He's been a busy little beaver


He has his own mailbox ("Mr Beaver")

Laleh at Gröna Lund

Kite surfing down at the Näsbypark Beach

Dan looking gorgeous

Steve Angello at Kungsträdgården

Dessert at the Grand Hotel after 3 servings

Tulips are really common here during Spring

Sierra, Beth myself and Dan, hanging around Djurgården

Tulips at Skansen

More of the tulips

The view from the top of Skansen
Windsurfing lessons (I'm not in this one, but maybe next time)

The bears at Skansen doing bear things

More from Skansen

Selfie with Sanna Nielsen

Sanna Nielsen Concert at Gröna Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment