Monday 20 January 2014





Apologies to those who've been waiting so anxiously for my first post, I've finally found time to start blogging my Swedish adventure.

I arrived yesterday (19th January) at 6:45am Swedish time and was met by my amazing host family, Ebba, Charlotte and Fredrik Wetterlundh. After marvelling at the snow (it's just like the movies and feather light) and wondering why we were so close to the right side of the road, we arrived at "The White House."

I've already had a snowball fight with Ebba, met the other exchange students in the area and my Rotary Club Counsellor. He's a pretty cool guy. Some of the biggest differences I've noticed so far is that they drive on the other side of the road, their milk isn't as creamy as that in Australia and capsicum is called 'Paprika.'

Today I had a meeting with my school about what subjects I'll take and we organised a schedule for me. I start on Wednesday. I'll admit I'm a little nervous but mostly excited.

Apart from being really tired and having to put on a minimum of 3 layers before leaving the house I'm having an amazing time. I could not ask for better people to spend my first few months in Sweden with. I can't thank Fredrik and Charlotte enough for volunteering to host me and Rotary for providing me with this opportunity. I can't wait to see what surprises Sweden has in store for me. 

5 comments:

  1. What kind of subjects will you be taking?(: made lots of friends?(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking physics, swedish, chemistry, photography, art, history and English haha

      Delete
    2. You never really did any arty subjects in 11/12. Art and photography should mix things up nicely.
      Be sure to take lots of pretty pictures for us. We Caboolwegians are not used to seeing snow.

      Delete
  2. That sounds great Patrick! By the looks of those pictures, it's gorgeous over there and your host family look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete