Saturday 25 January 2014

This has been a very hectic week.
Very hectic.

I've ventured into Stockholm, rode the Subway and went to a Swedish school. I'm pretty buggered.
The Subway Station

On Tuesday Fredrik and I went into Stockholm on the Subway. I was amazed to realise that they are exactly like they are in the movies, though at each station there was a new art piece to take a gander at before moving on.

Stockholm itself is so beautiful. Compared to Brisbane, it seems more like a city. Brisbane is very concentrated on one or two streets and then it's surrounded by suburban areas whereas Stockholm has a much larger 'city' area. I love it.  

St George fighting the Dragon












 On Wednesday I started school. I met the Principal, spoke to a few students and then started in Physics. Most of my classes so far have been in Swedish so I spend most of my time trying to piece together meaning from the little Swedish I do know rather than actually learning. Everyone around me is so helpful and friendly though so if there's something important said then they translate it for me, thank goodness...
The school is spread across two buildings; one mainly for Junior classes and the other for the Seniors. Apart from this everything is indoors.
Another huge difference is that we're served food at school. Hot food. You don't need to bring any from home, you just grab a plate and head up to the buffet-esque table full of grub. Good stuff.

Today (Saturday) we're hosting an Australia Day get together so last night Fredrik and I started cooking some iconic Aussie food in preparation. I made the ANZAC Biscuits and lamingtons and he did the meat pies. Charlotte was generous enough (and more prepared) to make the pavlovas before we overtook the kitchen. The other exchange students in the area along with my Rotary Club Counselor have all been invited along to enjoy some of Australia's best meals (World Famous).
Pretending to be helpful while making meat pies

Fredrik getting in touch with his inner Aussie


Chef Fred's Pies

My lamingtons

Charlotte's beautiful pavlovas
I'm loving my time here in Sweden, it's such a beautiful country filled to the brim with amazing people.

Stay tuned for more Awesome Adventures in Sweden,
The Swedish Adventurer.

No comments:

Post a Comment